Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving Day

I have to say that I am very thankful for many things in my life.  Every day that I get up I always thank god for everything.  I come from a huge family and all of them are alive and well.  I myself am healthy and happy.  My husband and his family are also doing great.  AND it’s 64 degrees here in Philadelphia!  Lol

Even though all of my family is spread out we always call each other and through small details we make sure that all the other members of the family know that they are loved.  My mom is in Mexico, my middle brother is in Utah, two other siblings are in Los Angeles, and my dad and youngest brother live in Sanger, CA (Central Valley).  I am thankful that in this time of economic recession we all have the economic means to celebrate/fund these winter holidays.  But what I am most thankful for is that in the absence of the financial means to celebrate times like these; we would still know how to make these holidays special for us.  Also, I am thankful that my mom hasn’t gotten hurt by any of the cartels’ conflict in Mexico. 

It’s humbling to be so blessed in so many ways.  I pray that this stays constant and that it only gets better.  I do miss my family in these special times but I have good memories of past holidays with them that calm my nostalgia.  In all, I can sincerely say that I am happy and incredibly grateful for everything that has been given to me and my family. 


I wish this luck and loads of happiness to everyone that reads this blog.  J






No comments:

Post a Comment