Monday, May 7, 2012

Should I invest?



As I wonder about how the recovery of the economy is coming along (or if its recovering at all), I cannot help but wonder if its now a good time to invest? I would like to invest in a "green" company.  I don't know much about stock but whether we like it or not people are looking for alternatives to oil.  Hence, they are going to be investing in these types of companies...

 I am interested in a small penny stock company located in Boulder, CO that is in its development-stage as a company.  Apparently, this company is creating methodologies to capture static electricity from the atmosphere. Once captured, the kicker is to convert the energy into a useable source for utility companies such as mining, constructions i.e.
 
As I began to track this company two weeks ago, the price of common stock was $1.66 per share. I was surprised to see its fluctuations within a weeks’ time.  It almost hit a 52-week high of $2.96, but quickly fell to half that value. It also concerns me that the stock does have a 52-week low of 32 cents. I am left with the huge possibility (who would have know right?) that any money I invested could end up lost—which would suck. On the other hand, if this company can just bring to market one, just one, usable product then I would feel good that my money is being invested in a worthy cause, and I’d be rich. ;)HA ha ha ha just kidding :D
 
But having a worthy cause is an import part of investing. Those that believed in a concept of linking computers with wireless routers and fiber optic lines twenty years ago are now reaping their rewards for believing in profound concept—at that time. However, I have been told that investing emotionally can also be traumatic to one’s health.  As your investments go up and down on a week by week, day by day, minute by minute, second by second basis, so does your stress level.
 
The important thing I have come to realize is that the stock market on a short term basis can either bring you much financial success or a devastating loss.  Investing in something that you believe in can alleviate some of the "hurt" from losing money in the stock...  sort of...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment