Monday, February 13, 2012

Baptist Church it is?!




Since the International Educational Program, like many GSE master’s degree programs, is a one year program, I have had quite a struggle to find “the church” to go to.  I was raised Catholic and I will always claim myself a catholic nonetheless it has been the norm for me to not necessarily attend Catholic Church when I am out of California.  I usually attend a church that has a warm community of people, regardless of the religion.  

I cannot complain about Philadelphia’s church communities.  I have attended church in many different places and they have all had great community but I didn’t exactly saw myself as being part of any of them.  I don’t exactly know why… But!  I think that my church odyssey has come to an end.  Today I attended a Baptist Church in Wayne Pennsylvania where I was blown away by how progressive everyone was.  They accepted everyone.  They explicitly stated their embrace of all communities no matter your race, sexual orientation/identification, class, etc.  My jaw was on the floor.

I fit here.  In my mind god can be summarized in two words: love and tolerance.  It’s that simple.  This church completely embodies this. I am very happy and blessed to have found this church.  I hope to start bible studies next Sunday.  I needed this for some time now.  I need to be “spiritually” nourished.  This will definitely help me become a more dedicated student and an even happier person.

No comments:

Post a Comment