Saturday, October 8, 2011

First Hell Week!

I am thrilled to announce that I just survived my first hell week as a GSE student!  It was back to back to back madness!  I had papers, problem sets, and group projects IN ADDITION to my normal five course work load.  (Note: that I am not complaining but simply celebrating :D)
I am content with the quality of the work that I turned in and am very happy and proud to have done it all without doing a single all- nighter.  It is very rewarding to see that I am learning so much.  I am happy that the amount of work that I put in my studies pays off and doesn’t just end in frustrating book sessions.
The aspect that did suffer from this week was definitely my lifestyle/health.  But it is important to note that even though I was much unhealthier than I usually am I am still not one of those people that has caught a cold: D!  Yeaaahhh!  I try to at least do 40 minutes on the stationary bike or go for at least a half hour jog every day.  This past week I did none of this.  I also usually take care of what I eat.  For example, I try to avoid starchy or deep fried foods (you know… the usual no nos).  This week, my intake of food was basically whatever different events at Upenn brought for their attendees.  This meant a lot of pizza… which was delicious!  But probably not the healthiest choice…
I do not drink coffee and I do not do well with all-nighters and I’m glad that I was able to stay away from both.  Three things that I think helped me get through this week were: that I always got a good night’s sleep, I drank a mix of natural carrot and natural orange juice, drank a lot of tea and looked down upon procrastinating habits like YouTube and Facebook.  I think that on my next hell week, I will try to keep my work out sessions.  To me, this hell week was a success… Let’s see how the next one goes! 

At the end of all of this, in order to do something relaxing for myself: I bumped my favorite music while I curled my stubbornly straight hair, put on light make up and dressed up nicely J.  It was a good way to end the week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment