Sunday, January 22, 2012

Let the last semester begin!

It’s my last semester at Upenn!  My first semester was an incredible experience and I can only be nothing but excited to begin another great semester!  I have so many things to do this last semester.  Upenn hosts incredible events and I will go to at least two every week.  But before I get further on my “Last semester” I have to advertise the “2012 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Commemorative Symposium on Social Change”.  Just copy and paste this link unto a new window for information about all of the events (www.upenn.edu/aarc/mlk).

This is a three week chain of different events that range from yoga meetings to speakers to documentaries that speak to the issues that Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. conveyed during his lifetime (and is still spreading after death).  The event started on January the 13th and will end on February 2nd.  I have gone to one event so far and will definitely keep going to as many as possible.  Again, please check the website for more in detail and up to date information about the different events. 
I highly recommend for people to attend these events not just to learn new things but to give your respects to a man that stands as a symbol for so much positive change in our country. 
But going back to my “second semester resolutions”… I’m in my second week of school and I have not gone to two/three of my classes.  Not a great way to start but this was the same situation that I found myself in at the beginning of last semester.  Therefore, there is no need to panic.  Everything will eventually fall into place.  I am excited for classes but most of all I am excited to get my country placement for my IEDP internship.
In my internship application I put that I was open to be sent to any place around the world including Washington D.C.   So in about four to six months I could possibly be anywhere in the world!  I’m so excited!
Oh! Happy Chinese New Years!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment