Sunday, September 18, 2011

Philly Cheese Steak anyone?

One of the things that I always do whenever I am anywhere is to try the local food.  Anywhere and everywhere I go I taste the “regional drink, dish dessert” etc.  This is exactly why (after 4 years) I gave up being a vegetarian.  But that’s a whole another story…
Philly has been no exception to my rule!  As soon as I got here I began to converse with local random people (completely not awkward) in order to find out what, in their opinion, was Philly’s dish and of course where to get it.  99.9% of the people that I talked to answered: Philly cheese steak as the dish that best represents them and Jim’s Steaks as the best place to get it.  So off I went!  Jim’s steaks is located at 400 South Street Philadelphia and without any detours I soon found myself part of a line of about 20-30 people that were also waiting their turn to order a Philly cheese steak. 



( Photo belongs to : visitphilly.com)


I ordered a traditional Philly cheese steak with an ice tea.  It was one of the best sandwiches (better known as hoagies here in Philly) that I have ever tasted.  It was completely worth the chase.  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment